WHAT HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL BE IN PLACE?
Kupferberg Center for the Arts is deeply committed to the health and safety of our audiences, performers, and staff. Based on CDC and New York state and city guidelines at the time of performance, protocols may include vaccination verification, limitations on belongings in the theatre, proper mask usage, and more.
Specific health and safety protocols are subject to change but will be clearly communicated to ticket holders in advance of their performance. Ticket holders who do not comply with venue protocols will not be admitted.
WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT VACCINATION POLICY?
All ticketed guests to paid KCA-produced events will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO approved vaccine in order to attend all events at Kupferberg Center for the Arts and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the theatre with their valid ticket. “Fully vaccinated” means the performance date you are attending must be:
- at least 14 days after your second dose of an FDA or WHO approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after your single dose of an FDA or WHO approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Children under the age of 12, for whom there is no currently available vaccine, will not be permitted to enter Kupferberg Center for the Arts regardless of the vaccination status of their guardians. As soon as children under the age of 12 become eligible to receive a vaccine, fully vaccinated children will be welcomed back to KCA.
Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. For example:
- Guests can display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy of their CDC Vaccination Card or NYC Vaccination Record.
- New York State residents, or anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine in New York State, may present proof through the use of the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit: https://epass.ny.gov).
- Guests may also present proof through the use of the Clear Health Pass (for more details, visit: https://www.clearme.com/healthpass) or the NYC Covid Safe app (Download: App Store | Google Play).
In addition to providing proof of vaccination in accordance with these protocols, all guests must present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (guests younger than 18 may present a school photo ID), that must match the corresponding information from the Vaccine Document provided.
This policy is subject to change, but will be clearly communicated to ticket holders in advance of their performance.
WHAT IF MY PROOF-OF-VACCINATION IS NOT IN ENGLISH?
We will be accepting proof-of-vaccination for all FDA and WHO approved vaccines. If your proof-of-vaccination is not in English, please locate a Theatre manager for assistance at your time of entry.
WHAT IS YOUR MASK POLICY?
All guests must properly wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times while inside the building, except while eating or drinking.
IS THEATRE SEATING SOCIALLY DISTANT?
All seating is currently not socially distant. Should guidance from the city, state or CDC change, we will adjust how tickets are being sold. That being said, please be considerate of your fellow audience and continue to hand sanitize and practice social distancing where possible.