Queens Rising is a month-long, multi-disciplinary arts celebration created to highlight the borough’s culture and creative diversity.
Spearheaded by a coalition of major arts organizations in the borough, including Kupferberg Center for the Arts, the Queens Rising celebration will serve as a platform to amplify Queens as a rich arts and culture hub and destination, touching every corner of our borough with a feast of cultural activities and a major effort to invite residents of Queens and NYC at large to our many neighborhoods to come see a show, an exhibit, a concert in a park or library, and to stop at a restaurant nearby and visit local shops.
Queens Rising Mission
- Launch a wide-reaching marketing campaign to promote Queens arts and culture.
- Amplify venues, performance companies, cultural centers, institutions, and small businesses by promoting events around the borough.
- Outreach to less visible and often overlooked institutions and organizations interested in reaching new audiences.
- Celebrate Queens with opening and closing events produced by our local partners.
- Unify neighborhoods by providing audiences with easy-to-find event and calendar listings featuring artistic cultural offerings, and other sites of interest within specific communities.
- Connect artists, venues, and businesses to provide as many opportunities as possible for arts and culture to be seen in Queens.
- Fundraise from both public and private sources, without pursuing or affecting any partners’ current or ongoing funding channels.
To learn more and take part, please visit queensrising.nyc.